Mother’s Day: Sunday, May 12th.
As I sat thinking about this today, I realized what a wonderful mom I have truly been blessed with in this life. There are many great women who have surely contributed to the world & done amazing things. My mom opted not to change the world but to change my life & the lives of those in our family. For that – I will forever be grateful.
This is what my mom has taught me by her example:
- Motherhood is sacrifice. She has sacrificed much over the years for all of us.
- Do what you have to do & without complaint.
- Be strong.
- Never give up.
- Trust God.
- Hold onto faith.
- Then pray some more.
- Do not gossip. She never tolerated it. In fact, she hates talking on the phone which probably kept her from gossiping 🙂
- Listen more. Talk less.
- Always, always tell the truth.
- Hold onto God’s truth.
- Be kind to others. No matter the cost. Even if it hurts.
- Invest into the lives of your children & grandchildren.
- Make memories.
- When facing a difficulty, remember that it will pass.
- Love the spouses of your children. Unconditionally.
- Speak encouragement to others.
- Stay informed.
- Take your vitamins.
- Laugh. A lot.
- LOVE. GOD. ALWAYS.
So mom, Mother’s Day is here. But then, you probably already knew that. As every day, you still “mother” in some special way whether it is to us or to the kids. You are still teaching me, something new almost every day. You continue to make my life richer in so many ways. So you may not have changed the world the way you may have hoped but you surely changed my life. And I am sure, the lives of many more.
I love you!