We talk about it a lot. For a few days now, I have been compiling a list of quotes from various sources on grace. May they bless you & speak to your heart deeply about the grace of God….
- “Grace means you’re in a different universe from where you had been stuck, when you had absolutely no way to get there on your own.” (Anne Lamott as quoted by Lisa Harper, Malachi, page 131)
- “Grace gets its power precisely because it’s given to the undeserving. Quit reserving it for the “honorable.” (Ben Reed, tweet on May 30, 2013)
- “One of the marks of maturity in the Christian life is the grace to disagree without becoming disagreeable.” (Chuck Swindoll, tweet on February 19, 2013)
- “If you give away grace that is safe & fair, it may not be grace you’re giving away.” (Ben Reed, tweet on May 28, 2013)
- “Because the real truth is: nothing can overwhelm me — like grace can overtake me.” (Ann Voskamp, tweet on June 3, 2013)
- “Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of His grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace. Every day should be a day of relating to God on the basis of His grace alone.” (Jerry Bridges)
- “Grace binds you with far stronger cord than the cord of duty or obligation can ind you. Grace is free, but once you take it, you are bound forever to the Giver. Like produces like. Grace makes you gracious, the Giver makes you give.” (E. Stanley Jones)
“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14 NIV84)
Do you have a favorite quote on “grace”?
Today I linked with What Joy Is Mine and Making Your Home Sing and Hear It, Use It and Inspire Me Mondays and Gracelaced Mondays and The Better Mom and The Alabaster Jar and Playdates With God and The Modest Mom and Sharing His Beauty and Momma Notes .