We have had plenty of snow here this week. And it’s snowing now and there’s more to come on Monday. It was conducive to reading and so here are just a few which I enjoyed the last few days:
1) Divorce and single parenting are two difficult challenges to journey. But every journey comes with choices. In this post, we read of the choices of one woman and the outcome which led to the conclusion, “Nothing is ever wasted in God’s economy.”
2) Many of us start our day with a “to-do” list. We have things to get done, a schedule to keep, people to meet. But what is our response when that plan falls apart or is interrupted? When things do not go the way we had hoped? In this post, we’ll learn that sometimes Jesus has a plan which works out for the good of others when we let Him interrupt.
3) The heart of a mom is the same no matter which part of the world you may live. In this post, read about a ministry working towards helping moms learn skills so as to better be able to support themselves and their children. They learn skills while learning about the One who holds them in the very palm of His hand.
4) Birthday milestones – some are eagerly anticipated while others are dreaded. In this beautiful and moving post, we will read how one milestone was approached and she concluded, “Maybe 70 isn’t so bad after all.”
5) Waiting. Probably one of the hardest things we do in life. We wait for healing. We wait in lines. We wait for answers. We wait on God. In this post, we find wisdom in how we should wait.
And there you have it … grab your coffee and a blanket. Settle in and soak up these words and let them sink deeply into your soul. You will be so glad you did!