For the last week, we took time to concentrate on various ways to simplify our life in order to keep our focus Jesus:
- Mary and Martha. Martha stayed busy with her chores similar to the very ones we have each day. Mary took the time to sit at Jesus’ feet and simply “be” with Him.
- If left unchecked, busyness will overtake everything else in our lives. Every so often, we need to take time to evaluate what may have been pushed into the backseat which truly needs tending. It may be that we find it is our very souls which most need attention.
- We can find strength to live each day joyfully. But it will take strength – the strength of Christ.
- We can create joyful, Christ-honoring homes and environments. Joy is contagious. As we tend to our own souls each day, the joy Christ gives to us will then splash onto those around us – at home, at work, and every place we go.
- Relationships are messy. Unforgiveness is even messier. May we find the strength to forgive others as we have been forgiven by Christ. Enough said.
I have learned the secret of living ….. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:12-13, NLT)
A child of God should be a visible beatitude for joy and happiness, and a living doxology for gratitude and adoration. (C.H. Spurgeon)
A living doxology.
May that be each of us.
And every day.