I love to read books. I especially love to share about a book which inspires me to live with courage and hope.
Let me present to you Danise Jurado’s book, Fulfilled: Learning to Live the Life God Promised. Danise shares her story with a transparency that will motivate any reader to dare not only to dream but to believe God will fulfill those dreams.
In reading this book, I found out why Danise is on staff at The Dream Center in Los Angeles, CA. She is a gifted communicator who is passionate about equipping and encouraging others to reach their full potential in Christ. She desires for all to live a life fulfilled.
Danise shares about the many obstacles which she and her husband had to overcome on the road to a fulfilled life – alcoholism, a failing business, and repeated theft to their business property. They had to learn to trust God each step of the way.
There is no way I can select one favorite chapter as each chapter quickly became a favorite. Let me instead share a few quotes, which will give you a sneak peak into the encouragement to be found between the covers of this book:
- On restoration … “God is not intimidated by the ugliness of our circumstances. He understands that, oftentimes, it is the very darkest just before the dawn of restoration.” (page 27)
- On truth … “No matter how we choose to read or study it, the Word of God is always life-giving, challenging, and inspiring.” (page 31)
- On breaking free … “…there is security found in living to please One. Spiritual freedom is a powerful reality that God can teach us to live in every day.” (page 48)
- On change … “If we are willing to be stretched beyond our limited view, God will lead us to places and equip us to do things we never thought we could do.” (page 62)
- On identity … “Once the wisdom of true identity settles its roots in our heart, we’re equipped to walk throughout the seasons of life with a steadfast stability.” (page 67)
- On joy … “…joy is a steady, inner strength that has the ability to surpass and override our most discouraging situations.” (page 89)
- On courage … “So when God tells us to be on guard, stand firm, be courageous, and be strong, He knows that, along the way, we will eventually be antagonized with fear. His courage calls us to dig deep, with faith beyond the angst we feel, to a place where we can dare to believe in victory over it.”
These are just a few of the nuggets of truth which can be found throughout the book. Some of the chapters include steps to achieving the goal of the chapter. Danise continually points her readers back to the truths and promises found in God’s Word for she knows:
“If you want to see the glory of God in our lives and share His glory with others, we need faith to believe what we read in the Bible.”
And that is the way to live a life fulfilled!
**Giveaway: The author has graciously given me a signed copy of the book and a tote to give to one of you. It’s easy … Just leave a comment by Sunday August 30th and I will announce the winner on Monday, August 31st.
*** Giveaway is now closed & the winner has been notified by email. Thank you to all who entered!
Please note: 50% of the proceeds from this book are donated to The Dream Center, a volunteer-driven organization that finds and fills the needs of individuals and families alike, was founded in 1994, and currently serves over 85,000 people each month. (2301 Bellevue Avenue, Los Angeles CA 90026. 212.273.7000 Dream Center dot org)