My word of the year – Believe.
It came to me during the month of December last year as our family realized we were going to face a challenging time. The verse came …
“Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.” (Luke 8:50, NIV)
The verse sat on my counter in a frame for the entire year. On those days when my eyes and emotions filled my head with uncertainty, I would remember to go and read the verse. God’s peace would flood back as His Word brought assurance.
The year marched on and I found my word – “believe” – showing up, bringing with it the choice to believe …
- God never leaves us alone.
- God will bring us through our darkest nights.
- God does bring healing – sometimes instantaneously, other times through the medical field, and perhaps it comes in eternity.
- Our lives have a purpose and a plan which He brings to fruition.
- God will close doors and He will open doors.
- If we will follow Him, God will lead us to do things we never dreamed we’d do.
- God truly hears every prayer uttered in silence.
- God knits the hearts of His people together.
- We can have joy even when we are not happy 🙂
- God keeps us from falling apart.
- Believing God will take courage.
And there were many more lessons as well. Believing God will be the choice before me every day. For the rest of my days. In varied ways.
There were days, I believed firmly and resolutely. Other days, not so much, as I wavered and held onto His Word – – until I believed.
This One Word, believe, has been a journey I will never forget for through it all, I learned this –
Our God is faithful.
Our God loves us more than we can comprehend.
Our God is trustworthy, therefore,
We. Can. Believe. God.