About a year ago (can it really be that long ago already!!!!), Sophia learned of Toy Story & all the characters involved. We invented this game, “Rescue Mission”, by which we save her varied small figurines from a disaster.
Inevitably, when it is Buzz Lightyear’s turn to be rescued, I, being the voices of each of them, must shout Buzz’s slogan, “To infinity and……BEYOND!!!!!”
Playing with her this morning got me to thinking of what a great slogan that might be for me to live by. Seriously. You see, Buzz shouts that, confidently, knowing that whatever the situation which is presenting itself, he is able to conquer. Buzz knows that there is always hope. That he possesses some inner strength that will help him to resolve the issue, save his friends & make it all work out.
So in our lives, it might look like this…..
- when discouraged…..”To infinity and….BEYOND!!!!”
- when waiting for test results…..”To infinity and…..BEYOND!!!!”
- looking for a job…..”To infinity and……BEYOND!!!!”
- not knowing how bills will get paid……”To infinity and….BEYOND!!!!”
- marriage driving you crazy……..”To infinity and….BEYOND!!!!”
- difficult pregnancy…..”To infinity and…..BEYOND!!!!”
- strained relationship…..”To infinity and….BEYOND!!!!”
- too much to do, too little time & no energy…..”To infinity and….BEYOND!!!!”
- challenges with a loved one….”To infinity and….BEYOND!!”
So much of life truly is “beyond” us – beyond our understanding, beyond our ability, beyond our desires. Yet life presents itself, unannounced, happening & needing to be tended to. It is at those very times that we find God to be all that we need. He is our strength, our peace, the lifter of our heads. When life seems “beyond”, may we remember:
“I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven & earth.” (Psalm 121: 1, 2 NIV).
Thanks, Buzz, for reminding me where to focus today!
“To infinity and…..BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!”