In a short while, we will leave for Disney for a few days. In getting ready this morning & finishing the packing, I could not help but do some reflecting. The last time we were there was a little over two years ago. In the midst of total upheaval of our lives, we decided to vacation. And here we are, a little over two years later, returning.
This trip will always be representative of God’s love & grace in our lives, which is always present & never fails. In the midst of everything changing, He has remained the same. The One constant.
He truly does wrestle with our hearts, revealing & discerning them with the ease of a skilled physician. He excises what must be removed. Heals what should then remain. He breathes health back into us, one moment at a time, until one day we awaken & realize that He did it. He truly does remember our frames – that we are a frail & broken people. He remembers each & every promise & faithfully keeps His Word to us.
And so, today, I find myself humbled & appreciative as I remember:
- when life changes faster than a locomotive…..His grace is enough
- when relationships fail me & I am abandoned…..His grace is enough
- when I am not sure of where He is leading….His grace is enough
- when I do not know what tomorrow will hold….His grace is enough
- when I have cried for days & the tears keep coming…..His grace is enough
- when I cannot understand the situation, at all…..His grace is enough
- when the pain just won’t go away…..His grace is enough
His grace truly has been enough. Through His grace….
- we are standing
- we move forward as He leads us
- we find joy
- we find relationships once again
- our hearts are mended
- life stabilizes
- we find our place in Him
- we find that He was with us all along – going on ahead of us
Today I find myself thanking Him that truly:
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV).
Thanking Him for His grace today!