The entire month of October my posts have been based on my reading from The Circle Maker and Draw the Circle by Mark Batterson. Today I thought I would share ten quotes to encourage us all to pray. I have also included the Scriptures which the quotes brought to my mind as I read …
1) “God is great not just because nothing is too big for Him; God is also great because nothing is too small for Him. The Sovereign One cares about every minute detail of our lives.” (Draw the Circle, page 22)
Don’t worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. (Philippians 4:6)
2) “God is the Composer. Your life is His musical score. God is the Artist. Your life is His canvas. God is the Architect. Your life is His blueprint. God is the Writer. You are His book.” (Draw the Circle, page 25)
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
3) “The world has yet to see what God will do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him.” (Dwight L. Moody, quoted in Draw the Circle, page 26)
Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you. (Joshua 3:5)
4) “Sometimes God delivers us from our problems; sometimes God delivers us through our problems.” (Draw the Circle, page 36)
The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. (Psalm 34:19)
5) “God doesn’t answer prayer just to give us what we want; God answers prayer to bring glory to His name.” (Draw the Circle, page 44)
You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. (John 14:13)
6) “Prayer is the difference between the best you can do and the best God can do.” (Draw the Circle, page 55)
Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.
7) “Bold prayers honor God and God honors bold prayers.” (Draw the Circle, page 66)
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. (Hebrews 4:16)
8) “Prayer … enables you to see the God-ordained opportunities that are around you all the time.” (Draw the Circle, page 69)
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. (Colossians 4:2)
9) “If we do the little things like they are big things, then God will do the big things like they are little things.” (Draw the Circle, page 77)
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin. (Zechariah 4:10)
10) “God can accomplish more in one day than you can accomplish in a lifetime.” (Draw the Circle, page 83)
Cornelius … gave generously to the poor and prayed regularly to God. One afternoon about three o’clock, he had a vision. (Acts 10:2-3)
My prayer for each of us today is that we would pray. Pray because our God cares. Our God hears. Our God is faithful. Our God is good. Our God is Sovereign.
This is Day 23 of 31 Days Of Going In Circles. You can find the entire series here .