Fall is definitely settling in to stay in these parts. The leaves are just about all down. I can tell just by the sound of the wind today as it is beginning to get that deep sound of a howl. There’s a part of me that is enjoying the shorter days or perhaps it is the way the darkness settles in like a comforting blanket most nights. Not sure. But I do know there were some wonderful posts which I came across and want to share with you:
- Sometimes we go through much of our life with the haunting thought, “I am not enough” or “I will never measure up.” Barbara shares much wisdom in helping us discover, “We lack by design.”
- We all have relationships which were once close and now have gone cold or silent. Lisa raises the poignant question, “If we could have one more conversation with the person we’re avoiding, what would we say?”
- As parents, we want our children to not only know God, but come to know His voice. Here are five practical ways to start the process of teaching your child to lean into the voice of our God.
- Sometimes we can learn a lesson or two from our pets. Tammie shares wonderful insight learned from their family dog who “sure loves her people!” Could it be that God God wants us to make demands on His attention too?
- Often we desire to make a difference in the world but aren’t sure where or how to begin. Dawn shares of a way she discovered to impact others she had never met. She found sending cards and letters is one way to love others long distance.
“So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each another. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:34-35, NLT)
Have a great Saturday!