Our country, and our world, are in the middle of a pandemic which is challenging us all to rise above. In her book, Secrets Of The Happy Soul, Katie Orr shares the one true path to happiness.
How do we do it? How do we stay in God’s Word and experience the life God has designed for us? How do our souls become happy?
Six secrets are unfolded for us:
- The Happy Soul Is Focused on God. “This is an invitation to daily see God more clearly and to dwell in His presence” (page 68).
- The Happy Soul is Resolved to Follow God’s Way. “If we want to live the complete, prosperous life of a Happy Soul, we have to have the truths of God’s Way settled in our hearts and minds” (page 98).
- The Happy Soul is Attached to God’s Word. “It’s not enough to simply hear the Bible; we must ingest it think about it, process it, talk about it, keep it withÂ us mentally day and night. This rumination changes us” (page 134).
- The Happy Soul is Dependent on God’s Provision. “If you and I want to grow and develop into a strong, beautiful believer, we too must become tenaciously embedded into all God has provided for us” (page 158).
- The Happy Soul is Confident in Who She Is. “The Happy Soul is a recipient of mercy and a beneficiary of grace” (page 191).
- The Happy Soul is Surrendered to Her King. “The Happy Soul is so convinced of the strength and faithfulness of her King that she readily takes refuge – seeks safety – under His protection” (page 245).
The author brings insights on happiness and many Scripture references to ground these insights in truth. Her writing is clear and understandable and will resonate with both new and seasoned believers.
Reading this book has been so timely with the circumstances facing our country. It was a most encouraging read, growing my faith, securing my soul in the truths of Scripture. The book will leave you loving the book of Psalms and the riches found its words.
**I received this book from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions I have expressed are my own. This post contains affiliate links.Â If you click through and make a purchase, I will receive a small percent at no additional cost to you.